Again it happened, generator fume as reported by the Nation has killed a family of three: Mr. Lucius Iwunze, his wife Ngozi and their daughter Geraldine in Umuoparaemeka village, Ugiri in Isiala Mbano local government area of Imo state.
Spokesperson of the Imo state Police Command Orlando Ikokwu (SP), who confirmed the ugly incident, said the police have commenced investigation into it.
According to him, the Police Divisional Police Officer in the area led his men to the scene and found the lifeless bodies of the victims.
Ikokwu said: “A report was received at the Divisional Police Headquarters, Isiala Mbano LGA, about the mysterious death of three persons.”
“In view of that, the DPO led a team of policemen to the scene and met the lifeless body of Chief Luscius Iwunze, Lolo Ngozi Iwunze and Geraldine Iwunze.
“However, preliminary investigation revealed that they died as a result of fumes (Carbon monoxide) emitted from a power generating set.
“The corpses have been evacuated to a morgue, and the Commissioner of Police, Imo state Command, has ordered a full scale investigation into the incident.”