Chelsea News Live: Erling Haaland, Sancho,Jorginho and more

Tuesday round up of Chelsea news as regards some target players as well as more transfer updates as regards the Blues.

Chelsea reportedly get Haaland and Sancho boost, Satriano talks up Prem move, Jorginho sends message, Maldini wants Tomori talks in Chelsea roundup…

Jorginho has told fans that he is very happy at the club amid rumours that he will be handed a new contract by Thomas Tuchel.

Jorginho has been impressing in the Blues midfielder alongside Croatian star Mateo Kovacic, with the pair helping Tuchel to go unbeaten through his opening eight games as Chelsea boss.

But that has not stopped speculation in the media that the Italian midfielder is open to the idea of making a move back to Seria A, where the likes of Juventus and Napoli are reportedly ready to make an offer for the star.

However, it is also not a secret that Tuchel would like to keep hold of the midfielder and recent reports have claimed that talks over a new contract will be opened in the coming weeks, something that has been boosted by the latest words from Jorginho

Jorginho has told Chelsea’s official website of his current standing in west London: “I’m very happy because the team is doing very well, working hard, trying to understand what the coach wants.

“I think it’s the right way to move forward.

“He understood the characteristics of the players and the way he wants to play is good for our characteristics.

“So he understood that and he’s trying to give us the advice and the right way to work and then the results are coming.”

AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini wants to hold talks with Chelsea over Fikayo Tomori’s permanent option clause.

Tomori is one of the highest rated young defenders that Chelsea have in the squad, but under Frank Lampard this season he was not given a chance to prove himself in that starting eleven on a weekly basis.

That meant that he pushed for a loan move away in the January window, in order to get some game time, and Italian giants AC Milan were the side that showed the most interest in getting a transfer deal done.

Maldini says he is pleased with Tomori’s performances since joining on loan in January and has now come out and admitted that the club are open to the idea of signing the defender on a more permanent basis, although his asking price of £26 million is a bit high

“Tomori is a good talent and we have an buy-option clause,” he told Sky in Italy ahead of their clash at Roma on Sunday.

“The price is very high. AC Milan will decide at the end of this season and we will discuss about it with Chelsea’s board.”

Tomori started at centre-back against Roma – his fourth in Serie A so far and fifth appearance over all since making the switch, so it is easy to see that he is getting the game time he has been seeking.

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans Watke has opened the door for Chelsea to seal a double deal for the likes of Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho,

Regarded as two of the best attacking players in the Bundesliga right now, both Haaland and Sancho have been two players that have been linked with a staggering £172 million move to the Bridge in the summer.

Thomas Tuchel will be looking to splash the cash and improve on the squad that he currently has, and considering they are in need of adding a bit more quality to that attack, Reports have claimed that the German would like to raid Dortmund.

And now, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke appears to be trying to lure them back in again by dangling a carrot about his club’s need to sell players: ‘The money that we are losing at the moment we will not be able to regain anytime soon,’ Watzke told Handelsblatt.

‘I reckon that it will take at least five years to reach the status quo before the corona crisis in terms of liabilities.

When asked specifically if the club would need to sell players to reduce their debt, Watzke admitted it might be possible.

‘In the midst of a pandemic, I am now ruling nothing out,’ he said.

‘But it is not necessarily the aim. The most important thing is the financial balance: that we have a strong team on the field and at the same time are economically stable.

‘If we’re going to play the entire next season without spectators, we must certainly think about giving up a player. Asking banks for credit lines just to avoid selling a player is not going to be our way.’

Inter Milan wonderkid Martin Satriano has talked up a move to the Premier League in the future, with Chelsea keeping a close eye.

The 20 year-old made the move to Italy just over 12 months ago, and has been playing for the Nerazzurri’s Primavera side, where he hasn’t enjoyed the best time, but he really came to life this month with five goals, leading to teams to sit up and take note.

And one of those clubs that are reportedly keeping a very close eye on the development of Satriano is Chelsea, who are always keen to add the best exciting talents to their squad, and will continue to monitor his performances until the end of the season.

And amid all the speculation, The youngster has been asked about the potential of a move to England in the future, and he admits that the interest is proof that he is headed in the right direction.

“It is always flattering (the interest from the Premier League),” Satriano admitted to the Mail, who state that both Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in his signature. “Yes, it is a sign that I am doing things well and that I have to continue down that path.

“I try to use it as an incentive to keep working and be better every day. The Premier League is the No.1 league in the world in terms of competition, that I think all the players want to play, I think all the teams are very good.

“It is a very competitive league where any team can beat anyone. But for now I am totally focused on Inter and to do the best with them.”

%d bloggers like this: