Chelsea have booked their place in the FIFA club world cup after they played against Al Hilal on Wednesday and the game ended 1-0 in favour of the Blues.
Thomas Tuchel tutored side, the UEFA Champions League winners will now play Palmeiras in the final on Saturday.Chelsea won the match with a 1-0 scoreline, and below are 6 six things that happened during the match.
1. Chelsea name a strong line-up.Chelsea name a very strong line-up for this club world cup game. Kepa started in goal, Thiago Silva, Rudiger and Christensen were the defenders, Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso started as wingbacks, Jorginho and Kovacic played in midfield, while Havertz, Ziyech and Lukaku led the attack.
2. Ighalo starts for Al Hilal.
Nigerian striker, Odion Ighalo who just got recently signed for Al Hilal started the game for them, alongside the likes of Marega and Perreira.
3. Lukaku miss a good chance.
Romelu Lukaku got a very good chance in the 12th minute to give Chelsea the lead, but he missed it. He was picked out by a teammate with a good cross, but his poor control allowed the defender to clear and avert the ball.
4. Lukaku scores for Chelsea.
In the 32nd minute, Romelu Lukaku scored to give Chelsea the lead.He was the quickest player to reach to a rebound, and he slotted the ball into the net.
5. Havertz hits the bar.
Kai Havertz got a good chance in the 49th minute, but he could only see his attempt crash off the crossbar.
6. Kepa makes a good save to deny Marega.